Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Footie Update - Eduardo Forgives Taylor

Eduardo da Silva has forgiven Birmingham City defender Martin Taylor for the tackle that left him with a fractured left fibula and dislocated ankle.

The Brazilian-born Croatia international faces up to nine months on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on Saturday. He suffered the injury during the weekend's Premier League match that ended in a 2-2 draw.

'I forgive Martin. It hurt like hell but I'm fine now. I know he did not do it on purpose,' Eduardo told the local newspaper. 'I was horrified when I saw how my leg looked at first and wondered how it would all end. But I will be back.'

The striker, who turned 25 on Monday, refused to get too disheartened.

'These things can happen in football. I see this as a risk of professional football,' he said. 'Sometimes you go up, sometimes you go down.'

According to Arsenal.com, he would be released from hospital in a few days.




Thousands of Arsenal fans from all corners of the globe have e-mailed messages of support for Eduardo as the Croatian striker begins his long recovery from a broken leg. If you would like to e-mail too, please visit this page.

Get well soon, Eduardo. We love you.

[Adapted from soccernet.com]

0 comments: